What does it really cost when you hire a Realtor to sell your home? The answer may surprise you – pleasantly. Because quite often the answer is nothing.
Do I have your attention now? Right now you’re thinking that no Realtor will list and sell a home for nothing. And you’re correct in thinking that. Yes – even though I’ll charge you to sell your home, my service may cost you nothing. And most of the time you’ll probably sell it for more than if you sell the home on your own.
Do I still have your attention?
How can this be?
When you hire a Realtor, commissions will be due at the closing. But, as I said earlier, here’s why it may not cost you to use a Realtor.
It’s a fact that over 90% of all buyers use a Realtor. Of the remaining 10%, many of the remaining sales are between family members. Selling without a Realtor limits you to a fraction of the available buyers, with a Realtor you’ll have exposure to more buyers. And since the remaining buyers know that you’re not paying a Realtor’s commission, they’ll deduct that amount from whatever offer they may make.
It’s a proven fact that every year, a home sold through a Realtor sells for significantly more than a home sold by the owner. In fact, the median price of a home sold using a Realtor’s assistance sells for 14% more than a home sold by the owner! And that is easily enough to pay the Realtor commission plus leave more money in your pocket. My math tells me that 14% is more than the typical Realtor’s commission.
A busy Realtor sells 20, 30 or more homes every year. However, the average person buys 2- 4 homes in their lifetime. Do you think the average home owner has more experience in negotiating a sale or purchase than a Realtor?
A Realtor can guide you through the process, avoiding potential pitfalls. This can provide you with an extra layer of protection from legal liabilities. In addition, using a Realtor will provide a layer of safety by qualifying buyers and not bringing in just anybody who wants to look inside your home.
So – does this explain why it may cost nothing to hire a Realtor to sell your home?
To discuss this further, please contact us. Because whether you’re buying or selling, we use our real estate expertise and professionalism to provide you with the highest levels of service. Do like hundreds of our clients have done – let us guide you through the process of selling your home
You can also search for active adult communities in Monmouth County.
Leave a Reply
Your email is safe with us.
You must be logged in to post a comment.