Will you be selling a home soon?
Selling a Home
When a homeowner decides it’s time to sell their home, they obviously want to get the highest possible price for it. Further, they also want to have the least amount of troubles to occur. However, most sellers realize that the most important objective is to actually sell the home.
As a matter of fact, there’s a great way to accomplish all three of those goals. How? Use a real estate professional (Realtor®). I realize that due to today’s technology, home buyer’s can find almost all of the information they need on the internet. According to the National Association of Realtors, 94% of buyers began their their home search on the internet. However, over 90% of the buyers who used the internet purchased their home with the help of a Realtor. Most of the sales which were closed without a Realtor® being involved were between friends and family members. In fact, only 2% purchases their home directly from a seller that they didn’t already know. This is up significantly over the past few years. Almost all buyers begin their search online to find their new home. However, they go to see it with an agent. They rely on the real estate professional’s assistance to help negotiate the terms and price. And they want their Realtor’s help to guide them through the process.
The Largest Financial Transaction
For most home buyers, buying a home is one of the largest financial transactions they will ever make. Buyers purchase a home because they desire to own a home of their own. Additionally, it’s because of changes in jobs, family situations, and the need for a smaller or bigger living area.
Every year, an annual survey is conducted by the NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS®. This is a study of recent home buyers and sellers. It provides insight into detailed information about their experiences with this important transaction. Here are highlights from the latest report.
- First-time buyers made up 33 percent of all home buyers. In the previous year, it was 34 percent.
- Married couples comprised 63% of recent buyers. In addition, 18% were single females, 9% were single males, and 8% were unmarried couples.
- Twelve percent of home buyers purchased a multi-generational home. Their main reasons were to take care of aging parents, because adult children were moving back home, and for cost-saving.
- The median price of a home sold with the assistance of a Realtor® was 14% higher than the price of a home sold without a Realtor®.
- Eighty-seven percent of buyers recently purchased their home using the services of a real estate agent or broker
Sellers want to get the highest price with the least amount of troubles. Most importantly, they want the home sold. The best way to attain all three goals is to use a Realtor®. When you’re ready to either buy or sell a home, please give us a call.